Branded Apparel Trends for 2021: Comfy Clothing, Illuminating Yellow & Function over (Fast) Fashion
Promotional apparel and wearable accessories will remain among the most popular promo items on the market in 2021. Wearables like t-shirts, jackets and hats are among the top branded promo items in terms of CPI (cost per impressions). A logoed hat that costs $10 will have a CPI of only 3/10 of a cent and a logoed t-shirt with a cost of $7 will have a CPI of only 2/10 of a cent. Promo t-shirts and promotional headwear like hats are well-loved by consumers and generate an average of 3,400 impressions throughout their lifetime.
Since consumers and marketers alike are so charmed by promo apparel, we decided to comb through our catalog to highlight some branded apparel items that we think will be popular in 2021. Our top picks were made based on information provided in the Advertising Specialty Institute’s recent article, Promo Apparel Trends for 2021.
Athleisure and Comfortable, Casual Apparel
With the growing trend of remote work showing no signs of slowing down in 2021, comfortable apparel favored by employees working from home will remain a popular promo apparel choice. According to the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI), “Athleisure and casual looks will stay a strong force as many embrace remote work indefinitely.”
Layering pieces that can be used by workers to dress up a bit – while remaining comfortable – and soft, textured fabrics such as corduroy, velour, tufted velvet and fleece are additional comfort fashion trends anticipated by promo apparel suppliers for 2021.
Some of our softest, most comfortable promotional apparel picks for 2021 that your employees and customers will love include:
- Sport-Tek® Men’s PosiCharge® Competitor™ 1/4-Zip Pullover Sweatshirt
- Sport-Tek® Ladies’ PosiCharge® Competitor™ 1/4-Zip Pullover Sweatshirt
- Alternative® Women’s Eco-Jersey™ Jogger Pants
- Burnside Men’s Go Anywhere Performance Jogger Pant
- NEXT LEVEL APPAREL Unisex CVC Tank
- The North Face® Cotton/Polyester Knit Fleece Pullover Hoodie
Function over (Fast) Fashion
Possibly owing to the growing consumer interest in environmentally friendly and sustainable products, promotional apparel suppliers indicate that consumers are looking for higher-quality apparel items that are built to last. Premium fabrics, multifunctional apparel (such as convertible clothing) and classic wardrobe pieces that never go out of style – such as blazers and crew neck sweaters – are increasingly popular consumer apparel trends.
Some of our favorite customizable wardrobe staples for 2021 include:
- Port Authority® SuperPro™ Oxford Shirt
- Ladies Port Authority® SuperPro™ Oxford Shirt
- New Era® Men’s French Terry Crew Sweater
- Devon and Jones Ladies’ Perfect Fit Ribbon Cardigan
Bright Colors and Bold Patterns
Pantone chose a warm yellow called Illuminating as one of their colors of the year. Described by Pantone as “a bright and cheerful yellow sparkling with vivacity, a warming yellow shade imbued with solar power,” Illuminating is an “optimistic” color that should resonate with consumers looking forward to a return to normalcy in the coming year.
ASI also predicts that bright colors – as well as bold patterns such as animal-prints and tie dye patterns – will be popular with consumers in 2021.
Some brightly colored promo apparel options for 2021 include:
- Port Authority® Easy Care Long Sleeve Shirt – wide range of colors including bright Yellow, muted Gold, Maui Blue and Bright Lavender Purple
- Canvas Unisex Jersey T-Shirt – colors include Aqua, Maize Yellow, Mustard, Soft Pink and Orange
- M-DADE Short Sleeve Polo – choose from an array of bold colors including Yellow, Orange, Purple and Green
Protective Clothing and Accessories
ASI also predicts that protective clothing – such as face masks and clothing made with antimicrobial fabrics – will be sought after by consumers as the Covid-19 pandemic continues into 2021. Techwear (functional clothing with special features such as water resistance, breathability, UV protection and moisture-wicking properties) is also popular with consumers right now.
Promotional apparel and accessories made with antimicrobial fabrics include:
- North End Sport Red Ladies’ Exhilarate Coffee Charcoal Performance Polo with Back Pocket – moisture wicking, antimicrobial fabric
- Columbia Men’s Utilizer II Solid Performance Short-Sleeve Shirt – antimicrobial treatment protects this product from bacterial growth; moisture-wicking; Omni-Shade UPF 40 sun protection
- M-SAGANO Short Sleeve Polo – the antimicrobial fabric offers exceptional technical features, including breathability, moisture wicking, snag-resistance and UV protection
- Urban Premium 3D Cotton Mask + Antimicrobial Additive – ColorJet – the outer layer is woven cotton with SilverClear technology, a non-toxic EPA registered antimicrobial that neutralizes growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungus
‘90s Nostalgia and Outerwear
The ‘90s apparel trends that started to make a comeback in 2020 – such as fanny packs, sweatsuits, neon clothing, leopard prints and tie-dye garments – are expected to remain trendy with many consumers well into 2021. With consumers adhering to social distancing recommendations by spending more time outdoors than ever before, outerwear is also expected to be sought-after throughout the year. Some on-trend outerwear and accessories that you may want to consider for 2021 include:
- Port & Company® Men’s Tie-Dye Pullover Hooded Sweatshirt
- Women’s Animal Print New Englander® Rain Jacket in Leopard Print
- Tie Dye Fanny Pack
- Neon Bungalow Foldaway Tote
- Port & Company® Fleece-Lined Knit Cap – colors include Neon Yellow and Neon Pink Glo
If you would like help staying on top of branded apparel trends and choosing cost-effective, trendy apparel and accessories, contact us or fill out the form below.