Implementing Single Sign-On with your Online Company Store
Metron Branding is happy to announce a new feature to make your online company store experience even better. Welcome single sign-on (SSO) to the party. Single sign-on is a authentication service that allows a user to use one set of login credentials (for example, user id and password) to access multiple sites. With a SSO system in place, you can login to your company’s site, then navigate to your company store, and stay logged in the entire time. This makes your shopping experience that much more efficient and it makes managing user credentials for admins that much easier. Our system doesn’t require the user to already be created on the store; it simply creates the user on-the-fly. In comparison to a more basic method such as query string logon, our system can be encrypted and is able to send a notification email to an admin user whenever a new user is created.
We currently support SAML based SSO. Our process requires an exchange of your provider’s SAML meta data file for configuring your portal
Setting up SSO for your company store is simple. Here’s what we need from you:
- If on your redirect site, the login name is not an email address, we will need the email address passed as an attribute of the SAML response (if you work with a 3rd party, they can set this up)
- Does your organization use a third-party SSO provider (Okta, etc?) (if so, you should be able to obtain your SAML metadata file from your account’s webpage or by contacting them)
- Do you require single-logout as well? (If you log out of one site it will auto-log out of the other site as well)
- Will we be creating users as a part of the SSO process or will there be preloaded users on your store?
- We will need test credentials to your login page that we’ll be redirecting to in order to confirm proper operation.
Ensure your company store supports SSO with Metron Branding
At Metron Branding, we care about your company store. From writing a complete guide to online company stores to providing a free company store consultation, we want you to have the very best company store experience possible. To get started with your online company store, contact Metron Branding via phone at 248-545-4444 or online.